CIMA Professional Qualification – Strategic Level (E3, P3, F3)
Who is CIMA?
CIMA is the market-leading provider of high-quality accounting business qualifications, with the Professional Qualification being aimed at those interested in business finance at a management level.
There are two CIMA qualifications available - CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting & the CIMA Professional Qualification.
Is the CIMA Professional – Strategic Level right for me?
If you have studied both the CIMA Professional – Organisational Level and the CIMA Professional – Management Level, enrol onto this course to become fully qualified with CIMA and work towards CGMA status. Your earning potential will rise greatly, with average salaries expected to be around £60,000+ per annum.
The third and final level in the CIMA Professional qualification is designed for those delegates who have completed both the CIMA Professional – Operational Level and CIMA Professional – Management Level, and now working towards becoming fully qualified with CIMA.
You will study three subject areas on this last level of the CIMA Professional Qualification:
- E3 – Strategic Management
- P3 – Risk Management
- F3 – Financial Strategy
Finishing these three subject areas and relevant exams will enable you to make essential long-term strategic decisions and support organisational leaders during the strategy stage. You will also understand how to correctly evaluate and mange risks.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
- E3 – Strategic Management
- Learn the foundation elements of strategic management and the dynamics of the organisational ecosystem, and how it impacts organisational strategy.
- Discover how strategy is implemented and how implementation objectives are achieved and managed.
- Understand what the key technologies are which underpin digital transformation and the various elements of digital strategy.
- P3 – Risk Management
- Learn how to identify, evaluate and manage enterprise risks.
- Discover where strategic risks typically evolve from, how to evaluate them and how oversight of these risks is critical to the governance of the organisation.
- Understand how internal controls can be used effectively at risk management stage, and how you can identify, analyse, remedy and report these strategic risks.
- F3 – Advanced Financial Reporting
- Learn the different policy options and strategic financial objectives which are open to organisations.
- Discover the types of funds which are available to organisations to finance the implementation of strategies, and how to access these funds in the right quantity, at the right time and for the right price.
- Understand how to evaluate and manage financial risk appropriately and learn what the sources of financial risk are.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Study CIMA wherever and whenever suits you best
- Official CIMA approved course content
- Improve earning potential with a CIMA qualification
- CIMA is recognised and respected worldwide throughout 179 countries, making job opportunities abroad a possibility for CIMA graduates
- There are a wide range of job roles, including financial, consulting and management
- CIMA members (CGMAs) earn an average of £66,000 per annum*
- 63% of CIMA students expect to receive a bonus within 12 months of qualifying*
- This course includes eLearning, Study Books, Exam Preparation Guides, Pocket Revision Kits, Unlimited Tutor Support and Case Study Familiarisation Workbook
* Source - 2019 Association of International Certified Professional Accountants Salary survey
The Strategic Level has a 90-minute, computer-based Objective Test.
Objective Tests include a range of number entry questions, short multiple-choice questions, drag and drop questions, and more. They will test all component learning outcomes you have covered within this course.
This test is computer-graded, and you will receive a provisional grade of pass or fail immediately. Official results will be sent out within 48 hours.
Your exam can be taken at any Pearson Vue Test Centre around the world, with a choice of 5,000 centres.
You will also take a Case Study
The Strategic Level will conclude with a Case Study Examination, which integrates the skills, techniques and knowledge, gained across the three subjects covered. These Case Study Exams are available four times a year: Feb, May, Aug & Nov.
The role simulated in this Case Study is that of a senior Finance Manager. You will be provided with a simulated context, allowing you to demonstrate you have acquired the necessary knowledge, techniques and mindset for that role.
These Case Study exams are human marked, and you will receive your results five weeks after the close of the Case Study window on your MY CIMA account.
As you progress through your CIMA qualification journey you will gain the following designatory letters:
Certificate in Business Accounting
Once you have successfully completed the BA1, BA2, BA3 and BA4 exams, you will gain the designatory letters CIMA Cert BA.
Professional - Operational Level
After completing the tests and Case Study exam, you will receive the CIMA Diploma in Management Accounting and will gain the designatory letters CIMA Dip MA.
Professional - Management Level
After completing the tests and Case Study exam, you will receive the CIMA Advanced Diploma in Management Accounting and will gain the designatory letters CIMA Adv Dip MA.
On completion of the Strategic level tests and Case Study exam, you will be eligible to submit your practical experience for assessment.
The practical experience requirement (PER) is an essential part of the CIMA Qualification and CIMA’s application process. It complements assessments and demonstrates your ability to apply knowledge and skills in the context of your professional experience.
Your PER application will be assessed to determine whether you have gained sufficient experience to be awarded Associate membership – giving you the Associate Chartered Management Accountant (ACMA) and Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA) designations.
In order to become a Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA), you require a minimum of three years verified relevant work-based practical experience.
- A. The strategy process
- B. Analysing the organisational ecosystem
- C. Generating strategic options
- D. Making strategic choices
- E. Strategic control
- F. Digital strategy
- A. Enterprise risk
- B. Strategic risk
- C. Internal controls
- D. Cyber risks
- A. Financial policy decisions
- B. Sources of long-term funds
- C. Financial risks
- D. Business valuation
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 8 or above
Safari 6 or above