Emergency First Aid at Work Annual Refresher
Your business may comply with the law by having a designated first aider with up-to-date qualifications, but did you know the Health & Safety Executive strongly recommend that designated first aiders complete an annual refresher course? This is to ensure their first aid knowledge is both up to date and as comprehensive as it was when they first gained their qualification. This online course is the ideal solution for busy businesses who want to make sure they have done everything possible to ensure their employees’ safety at work.
What Does the Course Involve?
Learners will develop their knowledge of their roles and responsibilities as first aiders. Thus includes reporting requirements, infection control, assessing an incident and recognising signs and symptoms of injury and illness using the primary and secondary survey. Particular attention is paid to assisting casualties who are suffering from cardiac arrest, airway and breathing problems including choking, shock, bleeding, unconsciousness and anaphylactic shock.
How is it Taught?
This online course is made up of 21 fully blended learning first aid modules and is tailored specifically for employees who are already qualified in Emergency First Aid at Work or First Aid at Work. The course can be accessed at any time making it an ideal choice for busy people who need to fit first aid training around their other professional responsibilities.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
In an area as important as first aid at work, it pays to go the extra mile and invest the small amount of time and money it takes to provide an annual refresher course.
- Start by refreshing your knowledge of the roles and responsibilities of a first aider before moving on to first aid regulations and facilities and a test of this knowledge.
- Next, refresh and test your expertise on the aims and priorities of first aid.
- The next topic to update and test is infection control.
- Move on to the important topic of dealing with choking and other airway and breathing problems.
- Next, develop and refresh your skills when coming to the aid of an unconscious casualty.
- Learn and be tested on all the most up-to-date information on cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR) before moving on to the topic of consent and communication.
- The final three modules teach and test on the crucial topics of bleeding, shock and anaphylaxis.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- The fact that knowledge is tested as learners progress through the modules means there is a tangible way of assessing your updated first aid skillset as you work through the course.
- Emergency first aid situations require swift, decisive action. Investing in an annual refresher course means that company first aiders are empowered to do just this. Also, employers are safe in the knowledge they have taken this crucial area seriously and fellow employees are secure in the knowledge that their designated first aider is confident and armed with the latest skills.
- The course can be accessed at any time, meaning first aiders can refresh their knowledge on any emergency first aid topic whenever they feel the need to.
- The 21 modules are designed to give a high-quality learning experience in an expedient, efficient way for busy employees.
- Course completion certificate is available immediately, once the final assessment has been passed.
Sign up to Emergency First Aid at Work Annual Refresher today to ensure that when it comes to providing a safe working environment and excellent training, your business does more than just tick the necessary boxes.
- Welcome From Paul Wilkins, Paramedic
- Course Introduction
- Key Roles And Responsibilities Of First Aiders
- The First Aid Regulations
- Reporting And Recording Of Accidents At Work
- First Aid Equipment And Facilities
- First Aid Regulations And Facilities - Module Test
- The Main Aims And Priorities For The First Aider
- The 999 Call Part 1
- The 999 Call Part 2
- Aims And Priorities Of First Aid - Module Test
- Blood Borne Viruses
- The Six-Step Hand Washing Procedure
- Decontamination Procedures
- Infection Control - Module Test
- Overview Of The Respiratory System - Part 1
- Overview Of The Respiratory System - Part 2
- The Composition Of Air
- Explanation Of Mild To Severe Choking
- Treatment Of Choking Adults
- Treatment Of Choking Infants
- Choking: Airways And Breathing Problems - Module Test
- The Causes Of Unconsciousness
- The Secondary Survey Part 1
- The Secondary Survey Part 2
- The Secondary Survey Part 3
- The Secondary Survey Part 4
- Types Of Head Injury
- First Aid Treatment Of Head Injury
- The Unconscious Casualty - Module Test
- DR ABCC
- Call 999
- Rescue Breaths
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) - Module Test
- The Principles Of Good Communication
- Key Information To Collect
- Brief Guidance On Consent Issues
- Update From Paul Wilkins, Paramedic
- Consent And Communication - Module Test
- Common Type Of Wound
- Types Of Bleeding
- Effects Of Blood Loss
- First Aid Treatment Of External Bleeding
- Use Of Dressings
- What To Do If An Embedded Foreign Object Is Present
- Sources Of Bleeding
- Dealing With Nose Bleeds
- POV On Bleeding
- Bleeding - Module Test
- Introduction To Shock
- Hypovolaemic Shock
- First Aid Treatment Of Hypovoaemic Shock
- Cardiogenic Shock And First Aid Treatment
- Anaphylactic Shock And First Aid Treatment
- Update From Paul Wilkins
- Shock - Module Test
- Introduction To Anaphylaxis And Its Causes
- First Aid Treatment Required For Anaphylaxis
- Treatment Of Anaphylaxis
- POV On Anaphylaxis Demonstrating The Use Of An Epi Pen
- Anaphylaxis - Module Test