Microsoft MCSA: Identity in Windows Server 2016 (70-742)
Identity in Windows Server 2016 is one of the modules that goes towards the Microsoft MCSA 2016 certification. You will focus on the identity functionality in Windows Server 2016, and it is the second of three exams required to gain the MCSA
Managing identity and access in the Windows Server 2016 platform allows you to control protocols that people interact with on a Server or network. It plays a key part in protecting a server infrastructure, which make it a vital skill for the CV of any IT professional.
Active Directory is a directory service that Microsoft developed especially for Windows domain networks. It’s included in Windows Server operating systems as a set of processes and services and this course will help you to manage this primary identity platform within Windows networks.
The Active Directory Domain Services is a role in Active Directory that allows admins to manage and store information about resources from a network.
What Will I Learn?
This course will teach you how to secure your network and manage it centrally using Group Policy, and how to connect your internal Active Directory to cloud based solutions such as Office 365 and Azure AD.
Once you have taken this course, you will be able to take more advanced training in Windows Server 2016 by taking further MCSA modules or moving on to MCSE.
This course will prepare you for the Microsoft 70-742: Identity in Windows Server 2016 examination.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
- Installing and Configuring Domain Controllers
- Managing AD DS Objects
- Securing Active Directory Domain Services
- Working with Complex AD Infrastructures
- Implementing Group Policy
- Understanding Microsoft Azure AD and Directory Synchronisation
- Monitoring and Recovering AD DS
- Implementing Active Directory Certificate Services
- Implementing Active Directory Federation Services
- Implementing Active Directory Rights Management Services
ADVANTAGES OF THE COURSE
- Expert instructor-led training from subject matter experts with a minimum of 15 years’ industry experience working together to bring you the course materials in a manageable, engaging format
- A practice exam is included to help you prepare for the real thing
- 24/7 access to the course content for 12 months, so you can study anywhere, anytime!
- Learn the technical skills it takes to manage identity in a Windows Server using Active Directory
- Virtual labs are included to build your practical skills and showcase your talent
- Managing identity in Windows Server is the lifeforce of how people access and utilise a computer Server and any network connected to it
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 8 or above
Safari 6 or above